11/7/13

NYC

On Sunday morning Geoff and I were able to sneak away for an early-anniversary trip to New York. This time of year over there is so pretty and we were in heaven being able to bundle up and actually experience Fall. We spent a good amount of our time there in Central Park; where we rented bikes, people watched, collected big leaves for our girls, and snacked on yummy Levain cookies and Doughnut Plant goodies.

We got to meet up with a couple of old and new friends, eat at Shake Shack an embarrassing amount of times (we may have last minutely booked our hotel based on proximity to one!), and of course, we couldn't leave town without catching a Jimmy Fallon show. Geoff surprised me with tickets a while back, knowing that being in the same room as Jimmy has been one of the very few things on my bucket list for years. (I know, I'm pathetic and creepy.) The NBC pages must've seen the crazy in my eyes because they bumped us up to the very beginning of the line and put us in the best front row aisle seats. Needless to say, I teared up when I first saw Fallon that close, and when he ran up the aisle to pass out high fives at the end, I may have interlocked fingers and held on for a little longer than I should've. I don't exactly remember what happened, but Geoff retells the encounter as Jimmy trying to continue to run up the stairs (for his life), while still being pulled down by my cold death grip.  If I wasn't so giddy about the entire thing, it would've been really embarrassing.

Anyway, the trip was a total blast and NY stole my heart once again. Thanks for the best getaway Geoff, and for all the grandparents and aunties who helped out with the girls while we were away. We couldn't have done it without you all. 

8 comments:

Kristin Hood Burgoyne said...

you guys are so lucky. and cute! congratulations!

Heather Marie said...

Looks amazing!! What a perfect way to celebrate :)

Lottie Simm said...

i was there just over a week ago and central park was so pretty...those leaves :)

m.estelle said...

This is too good.

Katelin said...

Mmmmm! Shake Shack.....I'm officially craving it now. It is completely your fault.

brittany said...

this is 900% my biggest fantasy every fall!! and jimmy!!! i would melt. so much fun, y'all are a beautiful couple!!!
you and your husb, i mean, though i am sure you and jimmy were lovely as well. ;)

jan said...

Happy 5th, you two! Love those fall photos!

Prince Family said...

you two are the funnest!