3/27/13

The ole fringe-and-cringe.

Last night around 1:00 am I decided to surrender to my insomnia and get out of bed. I crept into the office, foolishly logged into Pinterest, and began to do my thing. I respectfully started out by pinning images of things like exercise regimens and DIY tutorials, but once I realized that was bologna and I wasn't fooling anyone I quickly went back to my Pinterest 'happy place'. (Think cookie recipes, cute shoes, and haircuts. Gluttony at it's finest!) Well, 2:30 am came and went and I was still wide awake--only this time craving a new hair-do and "The Easiest Cinnamon Rolls You Will Ever Make!"

After seeing several pretty haircuts on my lengthy Pinterest time-suck, I did what any girl with nowhere to go and a pair of scissors would do and cut me some bangs! (Plus, I happened to have a zit on my forehead so it seemed like the right move.) While I was hacking away with dull Crayola scissors in a dimly lit bathroom, I kept thinking how resourceful a self-help hotline would be for impulsive people like myself tempted to cut their own hair. I can already think of one other person who would have also greatly benefited from that number in the past. Long, pointless story short, I woke up a couple hours later with very crooked hair and your typical case of bang regret. Anyway, its cool because they say that hair grows back. In the mean time, I'll just pretend my hair looks like one of the images below rather than liz lemons' in that one episode.


8 comments:

Topsy said...

We've all been there....Now, let's see 'em.

nadia shea said...

girl I feel like you have done this several times! and I love you for it!

Carina Bean said...

You need to get clip ins! every fall I get a bangs craving, and then I regret it after a day or two. I got some clip ins this year and they totally saved my butt!! Next time make a middle of the night impulse online buy, instead of an impulsive scissor chop :)

kate said...

#storyofmylife

s.s. bazodi said...

You go girl. I remember an time when Shanna cut baby bangs on you and you wouldn't take that knit hat off. I miss Shanna doing hair.

Marlee Gennille said...

show us! show us!

Home-style Hodepodge said...

If you can look awesome with a perm, Im sure you're looking fab with crayola bangs. Just sayin'

Lynsi said...

we are definitely sisters!!!! I agree... hair grows back, whats the big deal!?!... At least it's nice to say this after self cutting bangs : ) I just remember last time I did this was about 8 months ago, my girls came home from school and kk dropped to the ground laughing : )
you must post a picture... only thing is you can pull off anything!