3/30/13

Easter Eve BBQ



My parents outdid themselves this "Easter eve" with a yummy BBQ, a candy-filled egg hunt, a yolk-filled egg toss, giant bubbles, a ladybug exhibit in the garden, some swimming and corn-hole, and Easter baskets for all the kiddos. My Mom might actually be the Easter bunny now that I think of it, she's that good. I think I say this every year, but I just love Easter time in Arizona. The only things missing tonight were 3 of my siblings, their spouses, and about 7 more nieces and nephews. (Missed you guys.) After tonights festivities, I'm sure I could call Easter good and my girls wouldn't think twice, but I've got some little baskets to hide and some new dresses to lay out for them. Also, we get to have another Easter celebration with Geoffs family tomorrow night, one of the perks of having both families close by is that we can really stretch out each Holiday and make it count. We like that.

4 comments:

Carie said...

Wow! Your Mum is amazing! I think your spring must be very like our high summer and as we battle cold winds and the odd snow sprinkle I'll admit to wishing for a little of the warmth. Happy Easter!

Lynsi said...

So happy to see these pictures, but so sad we weren't there! And you are so right, chances are mom is the Easter bunny! That woman knows how to do it right! Missed you all, happy you all had so much fun! It looks lovely and warm there at mom and dads!!!!

ps KK and Tays about died when they spotted Magnum Bars at Target tonight, brought back memories of some pretty cool aunties and uncles hookin them up one summer night! And yes, we bought a big box :)

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

Your pictures are so dreamy.